Sunday, June 16, 2013

Southeast in the Southwest

Soooooooo the past week has honestly been on of the wildest of my life. Last weekend I was in Durango with Jake to reminisce, see old friends, river float, hike, party, and mountain bike. I LOVE Durango. The American southwest is honestly one of the most incredible places in the entire world. I am so lucky to live so close to it. On our way back we decided to stop in Moab and skydive with some friends I met working at Super Fly. SO EPIC. 












As if life couldn't get any cooler, I found out 20 minutes before leaving that my co worker had a spot for me to come swing Corona Arch in Moab yesterday. Long story short. It was probably one of the most epic 24 hours of my life. 

Getting to Moab 1am
Arrive at Corona arch 145
Start setting up the swing in the middle of the night under the stars and arch.
I got to lay at the bottom waiting to hook up the haul line to the swing line. Lying underneath the arch for two hours looking up at the stars was something I will never forget. Once I hooked the line, I quickly hiked to the top, and joined the three other guys setting up for a rappel. Nothing quite like rappelling off an arch in southern Utah in the dead of night with no lights on. Fall asleep around 515 and wake up at 7 to finish setting up and swing for a few hours. I got three jumps and one more rappel. EPIC







Due to land rights issues Corona Arch probably will not be swing-able for long. I am so glad I was able to have the experience for myself. I will never forget my night/day there.

Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

Kam

PS- if you jump, go face first it is scary as hell but well worth the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal