Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wanderings

Started and finished another repair at work on Friday. I am actually getting pretty good with a sewing machine. It is cool to see how much I have progressed in the last few months at this new skill. I had a dinner date lined up with a friend later that night and little did I know it would turn into one of the funnest/funniest nights in a long, long time.



630 Time to pick her up- My original plan was to take her to get some good Italian pizza, (I had been craving it all day).

On our way to the pizza place, somehow the conversation turns towards Jackson Hole..... 4 and a half hours later we pull up to a hotel in Alpine, Wyoming just outside Jackson. We get the last room in town, after canceling a prior reservation just minutes before at another hotel in Driggs, Idaho.

----

Woke up spent the morning in Jackson and headed to the Grand Tetons. When we arrived the ranger at the entrance told us it was National Public Lands day.... THE ONE DAY A YEAR IT IS FREE TO GET INTO NATIONAL PARKS...... Took her on my favorite little walk there, where I had seen 2 bears just months before.



----

Call it what you will, but somehow I cant help but feel that I was in the right place at the right time yesterday. Amazing. absolutely amazing. What a day.

I can't help but think about a few things since yesterday.

- Take a disposable camera along every once and a while -

-Get lost in the moment-

Every time you check your phone, you check out from your surroundings.
Leave your charger at home, it lets you enjoy the journey so much more.

- Money is just an object -

Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

- Kam -


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal