Thursday, August 23, 2012

St. Thomas!

Whew! What a three days it has been. Tuesday I went sailing up at Deer Creek with my Dad, Jason, Sister and her friends. It was a blast. My Dad forgot to pack the windsurfer boom, so he was rather mad at himself when we got there, but it was just fine (The wind that day wasn't even enough to be fun windsurfing). Over the past few months I have really learned to be content with whatever situation I am in. It was fun to also be able to see my best friends hockey game before I left. It was sad saying goodbye to such a close friend after only seeing him for a short time. Once I got home I had to immediately go drop off some stuff to another friend I had neglected to see while I was home. After I got back it was the moment I had been looking forward to the least. Saying goodbye to my Mom. God bless her, she is one of the funniest people I know, I always find myself saying stupid stuff or just conducting myself in a funny way and I know I got that from my mother. It was one of my saddest goodbyes ever.

Wednesday hits- flying out of Salt Lake to my new home on St. Thomas, where I will be living for the next six months. Miami is definitely one of my least favorite airports after arriving this trip. Constantly being told different things from different people, none of which speak English.

Flight Canceled- awful.

Jake and I had to spend the night in a hotel just outside the airport due to some technicalities with checking our bags in (one of which never came). We got transferred to stand-by on an 11 o' Clock flight. We made it by the skin of our teeth. (<-----Huge story behind this. Ask in person)

Landed on St. Thomas today, Thursday August 23rd. More to Come soon. Shorter Posts. More pictures :)

Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

-Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal