Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring Fever

The past few weeks have been crazy, but I can happily say that the ball is starting to roll in the right direction for me. I have already been windsurfing twice this spring, made some big improvements already, and cannot wait to get after it again soon on the water.
Here is a shot from the lake, a bit of stoke for sure.


Probably wasn't as thrilling as this, but a close second..... maybe?
:)
 

Anyways.. Played in my first real hockey game last night. It was super fun, I was a little nervous because I wasn't exactly sure how the whole substituting and face off stuff went, but I caught on pretty fast, had a few shots on goal and 2 assists, we ended up winning 7-0. Not a bad start. Apparently we had 56 shots on goal to their 9..... they really didn't seem that bad, we just out skated them to everything it was a good preseason/warm up game. Oh our team name is the Cluster Pucks ha! awesome. oh and I am number 69 just to make an even bigger joke of things.

Changing gears, I have been having dreams about St. Thomas a lot recently. I miss the people and the islands immensely. I called Sheryl to wish her an early happy birthday, and catch up on lost time. It made me miss STT even worse. I can't wait to go back. If I ever get lost, that is where I will be finding myself again. Such beautiful people and such beautiful scenery. I think of it daily, it helps me keep my laid back good vibes.

Some days I can't help but think "You can take me out of the islands, but you can never take the islands out of me."

Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

Kam 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal