Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hard to contain

Well, the day after tomorrow I will be interviewing at 9 AM for an internship position with the United States Ski and Snowboard Association................ Wait what?!?! I cannot believe how incredibly lucky I am. Courtney first clued me in to the opportunity through the UofU's career search website. Searching for something a little bit more from my Fall semester (as if 19 credit hours and 1 internship wasn't enough) I found a few cool opportunities. I applied with a ski company called SNOCRU, they have developed an app that allows you to see stuff like max elevation, max speed, altitude gain/loss, apre ski bars and food and lots more. I heard back initially, but have yet to set up an interview. Hopefully they contact me soon.

Until then, I have my sights set on one thing. Not completely losing my mind at my interview on Monday morning. I am literally going to walk into a building where all of my idols train and hang out on a regular basis in preparation for the Winter Olympics. The Center of Excellence, where I would work if I got the internship (fingers crossed) has a skate park, foam pit, trampolines, indoor XC treadmill just to name a few.......... A F*****G FOAM PIT AND SKATE PARK. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. Somebody pinch me. This cannot be real. If I am fortunate enough to get the internship, I will probably cry. If whoever interviews me is reading this, I'm sorry for swearing and please choose me.

Great little trip up to Lava Hot Springs, ID today. Our original plan was to go sailing, but ugly weather had us searching for something warm. I love spending time on the road with my girl. Time stands still when we are in a car together. We laugh, we sing, we read, we don't say anything at all. Just being together on the road exploring and seeing new things makes us happy. So thankful for Courtney and the incredible adventures we continue to share together. Oh, she just got a job working at MSI again, and will likely have a full time job working action sports competitions once we graduate AKA, she's awesome to the max.

Wish me luck!



Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal