Thursday, January 29, 2015

Forward

Well, after a few months of searching, being turned down by numerous companies. I finally found a job. I couldn't be happier. To be honest, I graduated in Communications and specialized in PR and Marketing, but I think my heart was always set on marketing (not because there is more money in it). As many of you know I taught lessons at Solitude for a number of years, I got a seasons pass up there again this season to make sure that I could ski and hang out with my old employees. I bumped into a friend I met while working up there. He mentioned that the company he was working for would be looking for some marketing positions in the near future. I didn't really put much thought into it at first, but later decided that it couldn't hurt to give him a call..... A little over a month later I just got hired as their Marketing Coordinator! During that month I was offered another management opportunity with Del Sol, only this time they sweetened the deal by offering me and Jake Hawaii after managing 3 months in Alaska. The money was great, the locations were even better, but the outlook for my career path would have likely been slowed a year or more.

My end goal is to be working somewhere in the humanitarian/environmental protection sector. I may be stargazing, but I really do want to change the world. I want to leave this rock better than I found it. It won't happen over night, nor will it happen without a lot of struggles and screw-ups. I am determined to help people get an education who would likely not receive one without a helping hand. I am determined to make a difference. I honestly think that by accepting the job at Barebones I am increasing my chances of reaching my end goal. They are a great company founded by someone who's goals align with mine. I am very hopeful that I can continue to grow and learn as a person, co-worker, friend, humanitarian, facilitator and many more.

It feels really good to find a job that aligns with my personal beliefs.

Next up.... Finish planning a two week trip to Iceland and Norway this Fall with my co-pilot, Courtney. Totally stoked.




Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal