Monday, October 22, 2012

Failure

The past week has been intense! I can honestly say I have never reflected so much on my life. The book i am reading probably has a lot to do with it. "The Geography of Bliss" -Eric Weiner. AMAZING BOOK. everyone should read it. I have learned so much the past few years. I used to always hear that I am an old soul in a young body. I used to hate the thought of it, but I have grown to love that idea. I had some customers come in a few weeks ago, from Australia. I mentioned them in a blog post earlier. What they told me has definitely stuck with me the past few weeks. They said after meeting me for a few minutes in the store that, (and I paraphrase) "you remind me of my son, he is a ski instructor too, he loves the earth as much as it loves him, you understand people and have a way of letting them understand you, you speak from within". dang, speechless.

I honestly feel like i live in some sort of fairytale. Even in my darkest hours i find myself full of joy. The other day while reading, I pondered across a strange thought. All of my room mates take either some form of sleeping pill, or anti depressant. I found myself wondering if i have some higher knowledge how to live content, or if there is my tolerance is simply higher for adverse situations. I really don't know what it is, and i am not sure that any matter of science can explain it. I am unsure if i should try to teach them to live happier lives without help from a bottle. To go along with that, would they even find the same state of happiness if i helped them? Is happiness derived from our own struggles to overcome? I honestly don't know.

All i know is that right now i am as happy as i have ever been, yes it is true that i would rather be in the mountains, but this is not such a bad place. My spirit feels free. I have been thinking a lot recently about what holds me back from success, and what i think i need in life. Failure and the chance of death. I think that everyone would be a lot happier and a lot more successful if they stopped fearing failure. Failure is a beautiful thing. many of life's greatest lessons are learned through failure.

Death, what a crazy thought. So many people I know and have met are living their lives grasping for youth, in fear of death. They have lived their entire life worrying about how great they will be when they die. Many religions have put some sort of scale upon which people measure themselves in relation to afterlife. I think this is completely backwards. The life we now know should be about living. Not about dying, after all, nobody knows what it is like to truly be dead, and never come back. My aim in life is to rid myself of fear, especially of fear from which i have no control over.

If we fear death, we fear living free.

If we fear failure, we will never taste true success.



Never Stop Breaking Down the Doors

-Kam

1 comment:

Adventure Journal