Saturday, November 17, 2012

Down Under

I have been in a bit of a slump recently. Living with two people you never knew can be rough. I find myself trying to escape Joel and Charles more and more. Yesterday was my chance, it was my day off with Charles, and he said he needed the car all day, so i picked a beach and he dropped me off. He usually wakes up way late, so after i dropped jake and joel off for work, i zipped on over to Hull bay. It was awesome, within five minutes of swimming I  saw a barracuda. Once i got out into the water a little farther i saw a baby sea turtle. AWESOME!

Charles woke up so i had to go home, and he dropped me off at secret beach, since visibility at Hull (the other side of the island) was poor.  SO glad i chose to spend the rest of the day on the caribbean side. I saw a cluster of lobsters, some caverns, and lots of awesome fish. I got some OK video with my gopro. It is so hard to try and keep that thing stable underwater while swimming hard to keep up with the fish.

After a long swim i rested and read on the beach. It is sweet to be able to read Into the Wild, again down here on my own adventure. I love being able to escape the warm island life for a short time, via a good book. Charles was on his way to the beach to pick me up, so i went out for a short swim again, and found my new favorite thing. I swim out to where the depth is about 20 or so feet, and sink to the bottom and lay there for as long as i can, letting fish come curiously to me. Staring up and the mercury like surface, in the silence of the ocean is so relaxing. Sometimes i know i am down there for nearly a minute. Once i get really relaxed, more fish come and i am able to stay down for a lot longer. It is awesome. Definitely something everyone should experience.

Today i have the day off again, all by myself this time, and i think i know just what i will be doing.







Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

-Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal