Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life is way to good to me.

Working at Del Sol has been a crazy cool gig. It has been surprisingly easy to lose sight of how good I have had it the past 7 months. No house payment, no car payment, no worries about plane tickets, no worries about gas money. Just when I think life can't get any easier, it does. I am not saying these things to brag, but rather to say how thankful I am for all of my opportunities. I think it is good to be able to look back on your thoughts, and for me, most of my thoughts populate my public blog. Anyways. When we accepted the management position they said we would get a paid trip to the BVI's in our contract. SICK! I have never been able to go on a trip, on my works money. (that's a lie, the past 7 months have been a trip) Corporate seems to be really happy with the job we are doing. Today they called and said that they would be paying for each of our ferry rides this Saturday to Virgin Gorda, 70$. We arranged this week for to stay in a villa for the night and it is costing us 300$. thats 75$ split four ways. and a car rental for Saturday night and Sunday, another 50. So today when we got the call from Landon, (the Caribbean sales director) saying that they were paying for the ferry, our car, and giving us each an extra 75$ for whatever. Naturally we were all stoked. AWESOME. Receiving a gift, feels amazing. This trip to Virgin Gorda will be unforgettable. I am so lucky. WE ARE SO LUCKY.

Two days ago, Jake and I got offered the management positions until May. AWESOME! I think I knew deep down in my heart that I wasn't going to accept. But the fact that corporate trusts us enough to manage their first Del Sol, that has been here for over 15 years for another 5 months speaks volumes. In the contract would be a week long trip to Puerto Rico, and a pay raise again, as well as bigger bonuses. But, money is not what I am after.

Jake and I have really been trying hard. We have gotten damn good at what we do. I never told my parents about the job offer. I know it is another burden they shouldn't have to even think about. I am ready to feel like a stranger in my own house. Coming back to Salt Lake is going to be like seeing it for the first time. I did a good job at milking Salt Lake for all it is worth when I lived there, but having spent all this time away. I am going to be able to get so much more out of home. Del Sol may be in my future, who knows. All I know is right now I am LIVING on St. Thomas. Thriving. I cannot wait to immerse myself in Salt Lake again. It is such a beautiful place, filled with so many beautiful people. My only hope is that I will bring some of my wisdom home, and never forget the pieces I picked up along the way, in Durango, and St. Thomas.

I cannot wait to see all of my beautiful friends and family when I come home. It will be in January, and I hope you are as ready as I am.

Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

-Kam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal