Sunday, November 25, 2012

Stressin

The past few weeks have been a complete blur. Time is flying by. I cannot believe I have about one month left here on STT. It has been such a crazy experience. I know I will definitely never be the same. I am going to miss so many things. It has been crazy running the store with Jake and Sheryl. We got left a TON of problems from our last manager. She didn't even properly train us for 90% of what we are doing now. It has been a huge learning experience for both Jake and I. I feel like we have done a pretty decent job weathering the storm that we were gifted. I have had to work the past week 7 days straight 11 hour days. My legs are killing me.

Over the past month the room mate I share my room with has really been getting on my nerves. It has been super frustrating for me. He is a control FREAK. We asked one of our friends what she thought of the four of us and she said she thinks he is the leader. She is right, but sadly he doesn't lead for the right reasons. He leads, because we all know if anyone else were the decision maker, he would make it hell for the rest of us. I am not sure if he knows it, but he sure has a way of making people feel like shit around him. He is so passive-agressive. Everything he says is followed by "well thats the way i would do it if i were you" but not in a helpful way. I know things would be different if there was some way to escape him. It is nice back home, because if I don't like someone at work, I always have my life outside of work to get away from them. But here, there is no escaping his negativity. Everywhere I go, I am around him.

I cannot express how thankful I am to have such an awesome group of friends at home who supports me. I cannot think of one person who I would not spend a day with at home. Life is good down here. My long awaited day off is tomorrow, I have it all by myself, and oddly enough I am stoked about it. I can go out and do whatever I want, whenever I want, and not have to worry about others being lazy. Here are a few pictures from the beach today-





Don't Stop Breaking down the Doors

-Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal