Sunday, December 16, 2012

Waist Deep

My main goal for moving down to St. Thomas was to find out where I want to settle later in life. Ocean or Mountains. The past few weeks I have begun to miss the ocean. Even while I am there I cannot help but think,"I won't have this in  three weeks". I can honestly say that I have not gotten any closer to an answer. I have actually widened the gap between the two. I love both way too much. Wherever I am I love being, waist deep. Waist deep in powder, Waist deep in surf, Waist deep in dust. Soon I will be waist deep in homework, and I think I am ready for it. I haven't had to think too analytically about anything for the past 8 months. It will be a shock to the system, but I will be coming back to school with a whole new mindset. I won't be thinking I should be anywhere else but the classroom, because I have honestly learned that if you want to go out and live somewhere new. YOU CAN. The hardest part is getting there, and choosing a destination.

Thinking about home is really exciting. Vegetables, Barbacoa, Cafe Rio, Family, Friends, Hockey, Skiing, No humidity, Dogs, Gym. There are so many things to do in Salt Lake. Why anyone lets themselves sit at home bored day after day is beyond me. Live where you are, when you are. For 20 more days, I have St. Thomas, and I plan to spend every waking moment soaking it all in.

It is a wasted day to be spent wishing you were somewhere else.

Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

-Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal