Friday, September 21, 2012

It's never too late-

Some days I find it sad that people need to be motivated to better themselves and their lives. Why do so many people struggle at going out and getting what they want out of life? Is it fear? Money? Love? I don't know but I know that recently I have not been as hungry to live every day to the fullest like I was in Durango. I am making small steps to get back to where I was. Reading, Watching, learning a new instrument. I miss school. I need to keep learning. I have a curious thirst for new knowledge right now, and recently I have found myself parched WAY too often.

I remember a customer I had in Durango who bought a ton of things. It was just her and I in the store for the better part of an hour. We talked about our lives, and her children. A song came on that she loved, and we both were singing it, and she said she saw the band live at WOODSTOCK! no way, I wish I could have attended woodstock. (throwing grammar and punctuation out the window starting now) she told me a few stories and she wanted a shirt for herself but felt bad because she didn't like many of the designs I pointed her to a shirt that has a peace sign and flowers on it. she laughed and said she was too old for that. to my surprise i instantly spoke with my heart, "It's never too late to start living" she laughed. i saw the light bulb iluminate. what i said really hit her. she looked at the t shirt like a scrapbook after that. she loved it, she kept telling me stories of woodstock and she said she was super wild  back in the day. she told me she did lots of stupid things and tasted lots of awful drugs and said it was so much fun. It was so fun to hear her story. she said she had never told her kids that she was a wild child or that she attended woodstock. I felt honored some weird way. once she got to the cash wrap she told me to never tell her kids how wild she was. (she was probably in her early 60's)

It is sales like that which drive me to keep selling boring stuff day to day. It is neat to feel like you can ignite a flame in someones life or have your own flame magnified just by selling some t-shirts. I never want to lose my creative spark.  It is what drives me.

It is never too late to start living







Never stop breaking down the Doors

-Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal