Friday, March 8, 2013

The Final Frontier.....

Alaska. WHAT?

So let me give you some background. I have been eagerly searching for my next big adventure. All along I thought it was going to be a new job here in SLC that would allow me to travel during my free time in the summer. I really wanted to cement a position as an outside sales rep in the outdoor industry. This is still an option, but it will not be easy. I have already applied and inquired to around ten different companies in the mountain west to see what they have open for this summer.

Just to keep my foot in the door I decided that I would e mail my internship adviser at Del Sol. I told her if there was anything opening up for this summer, keep me posted. She instantly started asking specifics of when I could be available, I had this gut feeling that she was thinking about something. About an hour later she sends me an e mail saying, Hey how would you like to go to Juneau, Alaska........ find some friends and I'll send you dudes for 5 months. DAMN.

I still don't know what to think of it all. A lot of people have been asking me what my next big thing is.... could this be it? I would be gone until the end of September, missing the first month of fall semester..... Can I miss another semester? Can I do online classes? Is this too good to pass up? I don't know what to think.

If you come to a fork in the road take it?

Don't Stop Breaking Down the Doors

-Kam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventure Journal